Monday, May 4, 2009

Kota Bharu to Gua Musang


eek.
I started out at 6:30, got up earlier but thats what time I started biking south.
got to Kuala Krai about noon. it seemed silly to stop so early in the day to i continued onto Gua Masang, where i'd have more than just one over priced choice of were stay.
about 15 hours in all (220km), through heavy rain fall, up and down steep hills, up and down and up and up and up.
all was fine in till i had about 40k left to go, it started dumping rain. my shoes filled up into soggy buckets.
every huge truck that barreled by sprayed my with foul road grime.
and it seemed like it was all up hill from there.
at about 20k to it was pitch black. and my left knee was giving me trouble.
10k till the city and i was fueled by pure frustration at myself.
it was one of the hardest things i think i've ever done, i think that my only restricting factor was myself was the problem, if my legs started to give out on me on a steep hill i'd just get pissed at myself.
finaly rode into town but turned the wrong way so spent a few hours looking in the wrong area, but fianly found a dingy musty room for not too much..
but now my left knee is feeling all crunchy, 1/2 my left hand is just numb. really hope I'm not doing permanent damage, if these don't get better may just have to ditch the bike.
I took today off to try and dry out my gear, recover and try and fix/adjust my bike which is a little worse for ware.
tomorrow I'll try to ride to Kuala Lipis, body don't fail me now.
yesterdays ride was beautiful, and interesting, should have brought my camera to the Internet to try and post some pics, though that was a compleast failure last time i tryed..
tomorrow I'm going to the worlds oldest forest. which wasn't effected in the previous ice ages..
I don't remember how many hundreds of millions of years old (or thousands of years if your a christen) I hope to get to do a few day trek into it, all the cool reclusive animals stay away from the edges (as far as i could make in a few days) but still would be nice to be surrounded in ancient rain forest..

still having tons of problems with the cell connection.. so rairly can get online with that, so no one the road updates.

this town is a trip very middle east feeling with all the ladys in veils and the call to prair over pa's, and script from the Koran posted everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment